The music education minor is designed for students who are elementary or secondary education majors. The minor consists of approximately 30 course credits emphasizing music learning theory and methodologies for early childhood, elementary, pre-band, secondary general music, and secondary performing groups. Music faculty teaching the courses have a broad range of experience in both public and Christian schools.
For more information, please be sure to also check out the catalog, the prospective musicians section, the music handbook, and the performing groups.
Music Education Options at Maranatha:
- Music Education Minor
- Music Education: General Certification Track
- Music Education: General Certification Track-Piano Pedagogy
- Music Education: General Certification Track-String Pedagogy
- Music Education: Instrumental Certification
- Music Education: Choral Certification
- NOTE: Students can earn add-on certifications. For example, an instrumental certification can add-on choral certification. Similarly, a general certification can add-on instrumental or choral certifications.