SAAC conducts one meeting each month. Each sport elects three representatives to the group. Contact a SAAC team representative with ideas and concerns. The student body is welcome to express their ideas and concerns to any SAAC member.
President 2012-2013: Bobby O’Brien
The role of SAAC is to communicate students’ concerns to the Athletic Department and administration, but also help coordinate student-related activities at campus athletic events. SAAC members are also involved in several community service projects each year.
Some functions associated with SAAC:
- Joining SAAC members at other Northern Athletics Conference schools for a canned food drive.
- Joining SAAC members at other NAC schools to support special Olympics.
- Organizing activities promoting fan sportsmanship and appreciation.
- Organizing students to help with the sale of advertising for the media guide and fan T-shirts.
Students with questions or concerns about the athletic program can contact a SAAC officer directly or submit a question through the group’s online suggestion box here.
Projects for 2012-13
Cans Across the Conference
Adopt a Highway
2012-13 SAAC Members
President Bobby O'Brien Football
Vice President Autumn Poetter Women's Basketball
Vice President Shane Saxon Football
Jana Dempsey Softball
Katie Foy Women's Soccer
Rob Kohlhaus Football
Craig Lawson Baseball
Brian Lundquist Men's Soccer
Ginny Martin Women's Soccer
Andrew McKinney Baseball
Jackson Miller Men's Soccer
Kristin Morrison Women's Basketball
Tanner Moses Men's Basketball
Garett Ordway Baseball
Laci Peterson Women's Basketball
Jonathan (Taylor) Pill Men's Soccer
Jonathan Saxon Football
Lauren Schulz Volleyball
Hallie Sheley Women's Basketball
Erin Steuerwald Volleyball
Emily Thompson Softball
Ricky Warren Wrestling
Stacy Reinke Volleyball
Samantha Swiatek Volleyball
Robert Truax Men's Cross Country
Cari Cook Women's Cross Country
Erin Steuerwald Volleyball
Advisor Ann Bolton Senior Women's Administrator
Assistant Athletic Director
Advisor Rob Thompson Athletic Director
About SAAC (Student Athletic Advisory Committee)
- To act as a liaison between the student athletes and the athletic department.
- To give input regarding the sport procedures.
- To promote effective communication to the administration.
- To provide suggestions on programs designed to serve the student athletes needs.
- To act as a liaison between the students and the NCAA, NAC & NCCAA.
- To help coordinate workers for concessions and games.
History of Accomplishments
2011-2012: Food donation to Watertown Food Bank; Money raised for Special Olympics through the polar plunge
2010-11: Donated 1.003 food items to the Watertown Food Bank
2009-10: New committee structure to improve involvement; Donated 1.400 cans to the Watertown Food Bank; Men’s basketball theme nights
2008-09: NAC Cans Across the Conference, 2nd Place; Attend the NCAA Leadership Conference
2007-08: Co-ed volleyball times; Attend the NCAA Leadership Conference
2006-07: Attend the NCAA Leadership Conference
2005-06: Helped formulate an action plan to address issues from the 2004-05 Athletic Survey; Organized halftime volleyball contests; Initiated Sunday evening gym hours; Developed sportsmanship guidelines; Institutional Scholar Athlete Awards Program
2003-04 and 2004-05: Initiation of sportsmanship incentive – “Sportsmanship starts with you”; Crusader Crazies T-shirt; Schedule advertisements around Watertown; Purchased equipment.