The Crusader Code was conceived by Maranatha head football coach Andy Peterson and built with input from players on the 2011 football team. It includes the responsibilities expected of a Christian athlete and a Bible verse to support each of the nine items.
The Crusader Code:
- Take pride in the team (Romans 12:5).
- Be engaged to learn your responsibility (Ecclesiastes 3:1).
- Be physically committed (2 Timothy 2:15).
- Be prompt (Proverbs 10:26).
- Play and communicate with respect (John 13:35).
- Acknowledge mistakes and move on (Philippians 3:13).
- Don’t shift blame (Proverbs 3:11).
- Yell to, not at (Proverbs 12:18).
- Maintain testimony on and off the field (1 Corinthians 10:31).
Coaches are encouraged to download the poster and place it in their locker rooms as a reminder of character qualities Christian athletes should pursue. Click here to display the JPEG image, then right-click and use “save image is” to download and save the image.