Even though we desire faculty with outstanding academic credentials and good pedagogical and communication skills, these qualities are second to our desire to maintain fundamental Baptist distinctives and ethos. By God’s grace, Maranatha will never knowingly appoint individuals to faculty positions whose beliefs or practices are at variance with Maranatha’s deeply held and biblically supported religious convictions. Therefore,
- Faculty members must be fundamental Baptists by practice and conviction.
- Individual life styles must be in conformity to Biblical teaching related to morality and virtue.
- The sanctity of the Christian home is guarded by never employing or retaining employees or employee spouses who are or have ever been divorced.
If you meet these pre-qualification conditions, then Maranatha Baptist Bible College is looking for individuals who:
- Possess graduate degrees or higher in the field of teaching, or
- Possess a graduate degree or higher and are willing to pursue additional graduate training in the field of study. If one possesses an accredited master’s degree, 18 hours of additional graduate training in the field of teaching would be a prerequisite to consideration for promotion or unqualified retention. One who does not have an accredited master’s degree in the field in which they are teaching would be expected to pursue an accredited master’s or doctoral degree through our Advanced Education Program.
- In rare cases, the college will consider an arrangement with an individual possessing a bachelor’s degree in the field who is accepted and progressing through a graduate program at the time of application.
If you would like more information regarding the wonderful ministry of teaching at Maranatha Baptist Bible College, please go to the Faculty Employment page or contact Dr. John Brock, Vice President for Academic Affairs.