Maintenance Department – Summer
Summer Employment at Kiddie Kampus
Kiddie Kampus Preschool is looking for part-time help May through August. Students, or spouses of students, faculty and staff, should apply here (students) or here (all others) and contact Mrs. Layna Steuerwald for more information.
Custodial Department – Summer
Applications are being taken for openings on the summer custodial cleaning crew. Applicants must be available to work shifts Monday through Friday. The start date is May 12. Please apply online.
Athletic Event Staff
Athletic event staff is involved in the set up and take down of the athletic facilities for all athletic events, as well as coverage during the events. The employee must be able to work nights and weekends, though not every weekend. The student worker will also be involved in the cleaning of the athletic facilities as well as statistical entry during home games.
Hours vary based on different sports for the fall, winter and spring seasons. One can expect 10-20 hours in the fall, 8-15 in the winter and 6-12 in the spring. Please include class schedule and extracurricular activities in your application if possible. Please apply online.
The Welcome Center is looking to hire guest relations assistants for fall semester. Applicants should expect to work about 10 hours a week, including days, nights, and weekend shifts. Duties include assisting campus guests, organizing campus visits, answering phones, and giving tours. The applicant must have a friendly demeanor, the ability to multitask, excellent communication skills, and basic computer skills. Please apply online.
The Development Office has an opening for three student to be part of our Annual Fund Phone-a-Thon beginning fall semester. The Phone-a-Thon is a fundraising effort for Maranatha. This position requires good speaking ability and phone skills, some computer skills and a knowledge of Excel. The Development Office is especially interested in cheerful, self-motivated, goal-oriented students who have attended Maranatha for at least one semester. Phone-A-Thon employees will work for approximately four hours on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings for a total of twelve hours per week.
Campus Security is looking for several Campus Security Officers available to start in the Fall 2014 semester. Successful applicants must be in at least their second semester at Maranatha and must have a good deportment record. Other qualifications would include the ability to work late night or early morning shifts, including weekend shifts; the ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather; the ability to work well with others and take directions from senior officers; attention to detail; ability to communicate politely and professionally; and the ability to stay calm and use good judgment in emergency situations. Please apply online.
The Vehicle Maintenance Department is in need of vehicle detailers. Applicants must be available Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.; must possess a valid drivers license and be physically able to assist with lifting heavy objects and work in confined spaces. Duties include pre-trip inspection of vehicles, washing and cleaning interior and exterior of vehicles. Please complete an application by Wednesday, March 19. Contacts will be made after spring break. Please apply online.
Library Student Staff
Maranatha’s Cedarholm Library is looking for student employees for the 2014 Fall Semester. Daytime, evening, and some Saturday availability is required. Most students average working 7-10 hours in a typical week. Please contact Mr. Paul Weir with any questions and please apply online.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, QUALIFICATIONS, & SKILLS: Other duties may be assigned in addition to the following:
- Flexibility, team spirit, and a willingness to work day, evening and Saturday hours as needed
- Self-motivated and committed to excellence in serving others; ability to project a positive image of the library to faculty, students, and staff; a high priority is placed on people skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word is preferred
- Becoming an independent researcher, with training, and then using library catalog and online databases to help others become independent researchers
- Becoming familiar and skilled with all materials and machines available in the library (books, kits, visuals, die cut machine, scanner, computers and programs, copiers, printers, etc.)
- Cleaning, shelving books, troubleshooting computer and printer issues, assisting patrons, and working on special projects assigned by Library staff
- A normal physical range of motion which includes moderate lifting, bending, and high reaching are part of the normal routine
- Library student workers who have received comprehensive training in the library and attain upper class status can qualify for open student supervisory positions.
For MBBC Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, click here or call the Director of Security at (920) 342-0507.