We encourage students to apply for financial aid each year they attend Maranatha. Funds cannot be awarded unless students apply for aid! To receive financial aid, you must:
- Be accepted for admission and enrolled in classes.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as determined by Maranatha.
Applying for Financial Aid
Complete your FAFSA online as early as possible. You must apply and be accepted before you can receive financial aid. Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to attend.
Apply online for a Federal Personal Identification Number (PIN). The PIN will allow you to electronically sign the FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, your parents will need to apply for a PIN also.
If you need help to fill out the FASFA, please contact the financial aid office. You’ll need the following items:
- Social Security #
- Driver’s license #
- Copy of current Federal Income Tax Return
- Copy of current W-2 forms
- Signed copy of each parent’s current Federal Income Tax Return
- Copy of each parent’s current W-2 forms
- Your PIN number and parent’s PIN number (www.pin.ed.gov)
To determine whether you are a dependent or independent student, review the following statements. If you answer yes to any of the statements, you are an independent student.
- I will be 24 years old by January 1 of the school year for which I am applying.
- I am married at the time of completing the FAFSA.
- I am a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- I will be in a graduate degree program.
- I have children or dependents for whom I provide more than half their support.
- I am an orphan or ward of the court.
Steps to Complete Your FAFSA
- Gather together the necessary information to complete the FAFSA. This will require income and asset information from you and your parents. Have the appropriate tax forms, bank statements, and investment information on hand. You may want to complete the FAFSA Pre-application Worksheet, which may be found at the Federal Student Aid website.
- Complete the FAFSA form online. Be sure to include Maranatha’s school code, 016394. Sign with your PIN.
- Review the Student Aid Report (SAR) that you will receive. If you find errors, you may correct them online or call FAFSA at 800-433-3243. The SAR will list Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which is used in determining aid for which a student may qualify.
- Respond to any follow-up information requests from Maranatha’s Financial Aid Office. Students chosen for verification may be asked to submit copies of federal tax forms, a verification worksheet, and other supporting documentation.
- Once you have submitted a FAFSA and completed verification (if chosen), the Financial Aid Office will send you an award letter listing all of the aid for which you are eligible. It is important to read completely through the award letter and follow the instructions for signing and returning the award letter.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office by email or call 920-206-2318