The Exceptional Student Scholarship is a four-year, $4000 scholarship.
Exceptional Student Scholarship criteria:
- The student must display exceptional academic achievement and evidence outstanding Christian service.
- The student must attain an ACT composite score of at least 27 or its equivalent to be eligible for this scholarship.
- The student must complete an Application for Admission to Maranatha.
- The student must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than 30 days after the start of their first semester. The FAFSA must be completed for each following school year by Nov. 1/April 1 of the appropriate semester.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted before arriving as a student. Those received by March 1 will be given first consideration. Applications received after March 1 may be subject to a lower award amount.
- The student must be a new student at Maranatha (freshman or transfer only) and carry at least 12 hours of Maranatha residential class work each semester. Hours taken at other institutions do not count toward the 12 hours at Maranatha
- The student must earn a 2.75 GPA (B-) as a first-semester freshman and a 3.0 cumulative GPA (B) for the remaining semesters as a student. Semester final grades (cumulative GPA) determine eligibility for the following semester.
- If the applicant does not live in a Maranatha Residence Hall, the scholarship will be reduced by 50%.
- The award will be credited to the students’ account on or about November 15 and April 15 of each year, provided the student has maintained eligibility.
- The scholarship will not be credited any semester the recipient has over 100 demerits (85 if on disciplinary probation) by November 1 or April 1. If a student ends a semester with 125 or more demerits (85 if on disciplinary probation), (s)he will not be eligible for the scholarship the following semester.
A limited number of Exceptional Student Scholarships are available each year. Once a student loses eligibility, the scholarship is forfeited. Students are eligible for only one Maranatha-sponsored scholarship unless otherwise noted. A student may not qualify for more than four semesters.