Pastor’s Scholarship criteria:
- The student must be a dependent child of: the senior pastor or a pastoral staff member of a fundamental Baptist church, a director of a fundamental Christian camp, an evangelist, or missionary who is sent from an independent Baptist church. Each position is to be considered full-time.
- The student must complete an Application for Admission to Maranatha.
- The student must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than 30 days after the start of their first semester. The FAFSA must be completed for each following school year by Nov. 1/April 1 of the appropriate semester.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted before arriving as a student. Those received by March 1 will be given first consideration. Applications received after March 1 may be subject to a lower award amount.
- GPA Requirements. Note: Semester final grades (cumulative GPA) determine eligibility for the following semester. First-semester freshmen must earn at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) at midterm and semester end.The GPA is figured at midterm for the first semester at Maranatha. If the midterm GPA of a first semester freshman is below the required 2.0, one-half of the semester’s award will be applied to the student’s account on or about Nov. 15/April 15. The remaining amount will be disbursed at the end of the semester if, and only if, the final cumulative GPA of the semester is raised to the required 2.0.Second-semester freshmen and sophomores (having less than 59 credits) must have a 2.25 cumulative GPA. Juniors and seniors (59 credits or more), a cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required.
- The student must carry at least 12 hours of Maranatha residential class work each semester. Hours taken at other institutions do not count toward the 12 hours at Maranatha.
- If the applicant does not live in a Maranatha Residence Hall, the scholarship will be reduced by 50%.
- The award will be credited to the students’ account on or about November 15 and April 15 of each year, provided the student has maintained eligibility.
- The scholarship will not be credited any semester the recipient has over 100 demerits (85 if on disciplinary probation) by November 1 or April 1. If a student ends a semester with 125 or more demerits (85 if on disciplinary probation), (s)he will not be eligible for the scholarship the following semester.
A limited number of Pastor’s Scholarships are available each year. Students are eligible to receive only one Maranatha-sponsored scholarship unless otherwise noted. Once a student loses eligibility, there is no guarantee the scholarship will be awarded if eligibility is regained. A student may not qualify for more than eight semesters.