Many Maranatha Music students have gone on to have success at graduate school, in their career, or in Christian ministry. Select the tabs below to view your area of interest.
Recent Accomplishments by Maranatha Music Grads:
- Maranatha Seniors have scored in the 95th percentile for the past two years on the national standardized music test.
- Out of 70 harp applicants, Christina Brier was the only student accepted into the Master’s Degree Program for Harp at Eastman School of Music. Christina was also awarded a scholarship for Eastman School of Music.
- Westminster Choir College awarded Christin Peterson Kieckhafer a scholarship to study voice.
- Florida State University granted Micah Lomax a theory teaching assistant position while he earns his advanced degrees in music theory.
- University of Michigan awarded Daniel Brier a $50,000 scholarship to study conducting. Daniel was also able to study abroad with renowned conductors.
- Jeremiah Willson won first place in the 21st Annual Lakeshore Wind Ensemble Association’s Young Artist Competition, claiming a $1,500 scholarship and earning the opportunity to perform a solo in the group’s concert.
- Christina Brier won first place in the Menomonee Falls Symphony Orchestra Concerto Competition.
- West Chester State University invited Megan Hibbs Rudolph to study music at Oxford while completing her piano pedagogy degree.
- University of St.Thomas awarded Janet Tschida a fellowship and asked her to present her research at the University of St. Thomas Research Roundtable annual event.
Maranatha’s regional accreditation and rigorous music degrees have enabled our graduates to attend a variety of graduate schools.
- Arizona State University
- Bob Jones University
- Boston University
- Bowling Green State University
- Concordia University
- Converse College
- Eastman School of Music
- Florida State University
- Indiana University
- Longy School of Music
- Marshall University
- Northern Illinois University
- Penn State University
- Pensacola Christian College
- University of California, Irvine
- University of Kentucky
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- University of Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas
- University of Texas, Austin
- University of Wisconsin, Madison
- VanderCook College of Music
- West Chester State University
- Westminster Choir College
- Cello Performance
- Choral Conducting
- Church Music
- French Horn Performance
- Harp Performance
- Music Education
- Music History
- Music Theory
- Orchestral Conducting
- Piano Pedagogy
- Piano Performance
- String Pedagogy
- Trombone Performance
- Trumpet Performance
- Violin Performance
- Voice Pedagogy
- Voice Performance
Testimonials from music graduates:
The Accreditation, Licensure, and Certification Edge:
Maranatha’s music education students are licensed and certified by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction enabling our graduates to competitively apply to teach at schools of their choice. Maranatha pedagogy students earn their National Certified Teacher of Music credentials and Early Childhood Music and Movement National Certification – Level 1. These certifications give pedagogy graduates the edge over their competition.
Careers of Many Maranatha Music Graduates:
- Teaching at independent studios, conservatories, public and private schools, colleges/universities in the states and abroad.
- Performing in chamber groups, choirs, symphonic bands, and orchestras.
- Ministering with music in their local churches.
- Conducting choirs, bands, and orchestras.
- Pursuing advanced degrees.