The Cedarholm Library and Resource Center is here to serve the Maranatha family. Students, faculty, and staff can take advantage of a number of services, including laminating, book repair, the Ellison die-cut machine, and our annual book sale. There are also resources for specialized educational work in our Media Center, and specialized computers devoted to music and Bible research.
- Roll 12″x25″ – $0.75/linear foot
- 3 mil. pouch – $0.50
- 5 mil. pouch – $0.75
- Business card – $0.25
- Luggage tags – $0.50
- 3.5″x5.5″ pouch – $0.50
- 4″x6″ pouch – $0.50
- We do not laminate foam pieces or foam board.
- Pages can be laminated back to back if glued or taped together.
- It is best to laminate construction paper before cutting out.
- Poster board can be laminated but the edges will not adhere well.
- If building several layers, smaller on top of larger, have the layers laminated before putting together.
- Dried nature projects, leaves and such, do not laminate well, they can only be done on the roll at the discretion of the librarian.
- Please discuss your project with the laminating librarian before you start.
Hardcover for books
- 7″ x 4 1/4″ – $1.00
- 8 1/2″ x 5 3/4″ – $1.25
- 9 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ – $1.50
- 10 1/2″ x 7 1/2″ – $1.75
- 9″ x 10 1/2″ – $2.00
- 12″ x 9″ – $2.25
- General Repair (5-10 minutes, Gluing & taping) – $4.00
- Medium to Extensive (Spine Repair, Cover Repair, Gluing and taping) – $4.00- $8.00
If more than $8.00, we advise rebinding.
Media Center, housed in the Cedarholm Library and Resource Center, provides education majors and faculty with a collection of both printed and non-printed materials to support the undergraduate education programs at Maranatha Baptist Bible College. Students and faculty use these resources in the producing, reviewing, and adapting of educational resources for Pre-K–12th grade settings. Material collected includes but is not limited to these: textbooks, curriculum guides, educational activity materials, reference materials, media materials, tests, three-dimensional objects, children’s and young adult literature (8,150 items). Major curriculum publishers from both a Christian and secular world-view are represented.
Equipment available for use in the library includes the following: Ellison die cutting machines with six complete alphabet sets, various shapes, bulletin board figures, and borders; typewriter, paper cutters, overhead projector, slide projector, opaque projector, white board (study room B), TV with VCR/DVD players, cassette and CD players, roll and pouch laminating machine (see Circulation Desk).
Die Cut Machines and Shapes:
- Geometric Shapes
- Tiny Dies
- Quilt Designs
- Themed Shapes
- Large Dies
- Miscellaneous Objects
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check out the list of what the Watertown Public Library has available.
Used Book Sale
The library makes used books available for patrons to purchase throughout the year. These weeded books are located on the upper level between the Circulation Desk and the Bible computers. Purchase items at the Circulation Desk.
Book Sale Pricing
- Hardback Book – $1.00
- Paperback Book – $0.50
- Pamphlet – $0.10
- Individual Cassettes – $0.50
- Cassette Sets – $1.00
- LP Recordings – $0.50
- Videos – $1.00
Five computers (four Windows and one Mac) dedicated to Bible research are available for any campus patron needing to research Bible topics. Bible Works, Gramcord, Journal of Biblical Counseling, and a number of other titles are installed and ready for use.
Finale, a MIDI software, is installed on the music computer. A keyboard and headphones make it possible for students to complete music assignments during hours when the music facility would be closed.
Bible Research Software
The Library offers a wide variety of resources for students and faculty who need to study biblical topics. The Bible computers are available for any students, not only for biblical studies majors.
- Networked computers have many (at least 30 journals, more than 250 years of articles) full-text journals available for research through Theological Journal Library Online.
- Counseling majors may find The Journal of Biblical Counseling particularly helpful as it offers topical, key word, full text searching for more than 30 years of issues. (These issues are also available in our library periodicals collection to be checked out for further reading and research.)
- Business students might research the Biblical Ethics section.
- Greek students may find Gramcord and Bible Works and other language tools to be quite helpful.
Search Engines Badgerlink
“BadgerLink is a project of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Division for Libraries, Technology, and Community Learning. Its goal is to provide access to quality online information resources for Wisconsin residents in cooperation with the state’s public, school, academic, and special libraries and Internet Service Providers.”
Human Rights Library
“The University of Minnesota Human Rights Library houses one of the largest collections of more than sixty thousand core human rights documents, including several hundred human rights treaties and other primary international human rights instruments. The site also provides access to more than four thousand links and a unique search device for multiple human rights sites.”
Internet Public Library Texts & Periodicals
“The Internet Public Library is a public service organization and a learning/teaching environment founded at the University of Michigan School of Information and hosted by Drexel University’s College of Information Science & Technology.”
Internet Overview for Newbies
“This site is a free information reference about the Internet. It was written from 1996 through 1999, posted on the Web on January 7, 2000 as the first book written for the Internet.”
Statistical Assessment Service
“This service checks out the numbers behind the news. Non-partisan and non-profit; we advocate scientific and statistical methods as the best way of analyzing and solving society’s problems.”