Cedarholm Library is pleased to announce our new all-in-one discovery service, “HOLMES”. All physical material and nearly all online databases can be accessed using HOLMES.
Library Policy for Distance Education Students
Who is eligible for the library’s distance education services?
- Non-resident students registered primarily for distance education courses.
- Library services offered to DE students will be equivalent to services offered to on campus students.
How do I search the library resources?
- Go to my.mbbc.edu
- Click on Library found under Quick Links on the sidebar.
- Public libraries or community college libraries in the area should be the first place to look for local physical resources. Often these libraries will grant use for free and may only require proof of residence.
- A college, university, or government library may be available in your area. These institutions often allow free public access or loan material for a nominal fee.
- International students should rely on electronic resources available through the Cedarholm library and any locally available resources in the area.
- Borrowing books via the InterLibrary Loan (ILL) system of a local public library is the preferred method of delivery and the timeliest. ILL rules of the requesting library will be what are followed. Whenever using ILL please remember that a minimum of 2 weeks may be required between making and receiving the request. No fee is charged when using ILL.
- If the material cannot be located through the local ILL system, the Cedarholm Library & Resource Center will fill ILL requests made from your local library. This can be done by asking the local library to request the specific title from MBBC by using our national ILL code: WQ09.
- If only a small portion of a book or journal (no more than one chapter, one article, or 10% of each unique work, whichever is greater) is needed, a PDF copy can be created and emailed to the student. Requests should be made directly to the MBBC library via firstname.lastname@example.org with complete details (Title, author, publication, publication date, page numbers, etc.) related to the specific content needed.
- International shipping of books is not a feasible option for Maranatha.
Professors can make some course material available through eRacer. If eReserve material is mentioned it will be found on the appropriate course site.
Contacting library staff
Library staff may be contacted at email@example.com or by phoning 920.206.2375.