About This Course
Course Name/Code: Computer Applications Seminar, BUMI 161
Catalog Description: As a survey of microcomputer applications, this course directs the students through a hands-on exploration of the fundamental features found in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
Instructors and Texts
Required Text(s) Students must purchase and possess the required text(s) by the first day of class. Order early:
- Email the instructor listed in MyMaranatha for current textbook and Microsoft Office version information.
- You can purchase a student discounted copy of Office Ultimate Edition from Microsoft by going to: http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx
Course Workload Preview
The following preview of anticipated course workload is subject to instructor change.
- Read and complete eLab assignments.
- Watch several videos on the eLab system.
- Take 5 quizzes.
- Participate in discussion forums and synchronous sessions.
- Complete one final exam and one final project.