About This Course
Course Name/Code: Elements of Photography, CADM 131
Catalog Description: An introductory study of photography with an emphasis on manual camera operation, composition, digital photography, and postproduction workflow with a brief survey on the history of photography. Lab fee.
Instructors and Required Items
Required Text(s): Please use the online campus bookstore to locate required textbooks for the course. Make sure that you search using the correct course code and look for the course with the “OL” suffix in the drop-down list. (See Textbook Ordering Help.)
Required Equipment Questions should be directed to the instructor:
- Camera with Manual Exposure Capabilities
- Brand not specific.
- Have access to a camera that captures using the Manual Exposure method. This is normally shown by a “M” on the dial of modes. Manual mode allows the photography to control the aperture, shutter, and ISO.
- If enrolled in the Photography or Digital Media degrees, a Canon dSLR is highly recommended.
Required Equipment and Software Students must purchase and possess by the first day of class.
- Adobe Photoshop CS or higher preferred (Educational Discounts and 30 day trial available) or
- Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program)