In this section
About This Course
Course Name/Code: Elements of Photography, CADM 131
Catalog Description: An introductory study of photography with an emphasis on manual camera operation, composition, digital photography, and post production workflow with a brief survey on the history of photography.
Instructors and Required Items
Required Equipment Questions should be directed to the instructor:
- Camera with Manual Exposure Capabilities
- Brand not specific.
- Have access to a camera that captures using the Manual Exposure method. This is normally shown by a “M” on the dial of modes. Manual mode allows the photography to control the aperture, shutter, and ISO.
- If enrolled in the Photography or Digital Media degrees, a Canon dSLR is highly recommended.
Required Equipment and Software Students must purchase and possess by the first day of class.
- Adobe Photoshop CS or higher preferred (Educational Discounts and 30 day trial available) or
- Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
Required Text(s) Students must purchase and possess the required text(s) by the first day of class. Order early: