In this section
About This Course
Course Name/Code: Advanced Geometry, ASMA 335
Catalog Description: Examines concepts of Euclidean and non-Euclidean Geometries. Students will use the computer program Geometer’s Sketchpad to discover the logic of Geometry. The Students will make predictions and Sketchpad to confirm or refute their predictions.
Instructors and Texts
Instructors Who Teach This Course: Mrs. Marsha Jackson
Required Text(s)Students must purchase and possess the required text(s) by the first day of class. Order early:
- Geometer’s Sketchpad, Keycurriculum
- This is the program you will use for all your assignments except for forums and tests. You may order the student unlimited version, the 1 year rental version, or the instructors version. The instructors version allows you to save and make tools within the program
- ISBN-10: 978-1-60440-095-3
- Kimberling, Clark. Geometry in Action. Key College Publishing, 2003
- ISBN-13: 978-1-93191-402-4
Course Workload Preview
The following preview of anticipated course workload is subject to instructor change.
- Expand your ability to visualize and reason about geometric ideas.
- Use inductive reasoning to make conjectures and use deductive reasoning.
- Learn and understand Euclid¹s postulates and mathematical system.
- Use Analytical Geometry as a tool to solve geometric problems, and develop a realization of the relationships between Algebra and Geometry.
- Expand your geometric reasoning to other geometries.
- Understand the basic concepts of transformational geometry.
- Understand symmetries using Sketchpad.