In this section
About This Course
Course Name/Code: College Algebra, ASMA 131-1 and 131-2
Catalog Description: A comprehensive study of polynomials, exponential and logarithmic functions with their graphs, solving systems of linear equations, introduction to matrix theory, introduction to probability theory, and work in the complex number system.
*Prerequisites: Successful completion of two years of high school algebra or completion of College Mathematics Credits/Hours: 3
Instructors and Texts
Instructors Who Teach This Course: Mr. Phil Price
Required Text(s) Students must purchase and possess the required text(s) by the first day of class. Order early:
- Terry Wesner and Philip Mahler. College Algebra with Applications, 2e.
- ISBN-10: 0- 697-11654-9
Course Workload Preview
The following preview of anticipated course workload is subject to instructor change.
- Secure an approved proctor for specified tests.
- Have the capability to send specified work electronically (pdf attachment sent to the instructor’s email is the preferred method).
- Satisfactorily confirm your completion of a total of 25 homework assignments.
- Paricipate in 2 discussion posts.
- Take 4 module tests.
- Take final exam to complete the course on or prior to the final day of the online term.