In this section
About This Course
Course Name/Code: College Mathematics, ASMA 103
Catalog Description: Designed to equip the student with mathematical reasoning skills and to introduce the student to a diversity of mathematical areas. Topics will include problem solving, set theory, logic, data interpretation, the real number system, introduction to algebra, functions, and an introduction to geometry.
*Prerequisites: This class is not open to students who have previously obtained a waiver of three mathematics credits of the general education requirements or have been awarded three credits by CLEP examination.
Instructors and Texts
Instructors Who Teach This Course: Mr. Melvin Cacayorin
Required Text(s) Students must purchase and possess the required text(s) by the first day of class. Order early:
- Blitzer, Robert. Thinking Mathematically. 4th Edition
- ISBN 10- 0-13-175204-9
- ISBN 13- 978-0-13-175204-7
- This book is also available in an e-version
- ISBN 10- 0321646193
- ISBN 13- 9780321646194
Course Workload Preview
The following preview of anticipated course workload is subject to instructor change.
- Complete the weekly homework assignments.
- Take six tests and one final exam with a approved proctor.
- Watch the Powerpoint presentations on the LMS.