- Date: Thursday before Great Lakes Music Festival—January 24, 2013 starting at 6:00.
- Performance Times: Entrants will be notified of their assigned performance time via email by January 12.
- Performance Time Limit: Students will perform for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Evaluation: All students will receive written feedback.
- Competition Performance: The competition performances are open to the public, and competitors are strongly encouraged to stay and listen to the other performers.
- Announcement of Winners: The winners will be announced and awarded their cash prizes 15 minutes after the final performance. A Maranatha faculty member will give the performers a motivational address during the 15 minute wait for the winners announcement.
- Complimentary Reception: Following the competition, competitors and their families are invited to a complimentary reception with some of Maranatha’s piano faculty.
- Students must be in 9-12 grade.
- Students must perform two memorized, advanced level classical pieces.
- The pieces need to be in contrasting styles and different musical eras: 1 piece needs to be Baroque or Classical, and 1 piece needs to be Romantic or 20th Century.
- No original compositions.
- The pieces must be solo (e.g. no concerto parts).
- The repertoire must be at a minimum level of Masterwork Classics Book 9/Celebration Series Repertoire Book 8.
- The repertoire must be less than 15 minutes in length.
- Complete Application: Students must complete the Piano Competition Application (or email email@example.com for the application).
- Application Deadline: Applications must be postmarked by January 1, 2013.
- Competition Fee: Applications must include a check payable to Maranatha for the amount of $30 for the competition fee.
- Limited Openings: Only the first 10 applicants meeting the criteria above will be accepted into the competition.
1st place: $100 and an encore performance of one piece at the Great Lakes Music Festival Concert on Saturday, January 26, 2013.
2nd place: $50