Join “Coach Mo” and girls from around the country as they hoop it up and improve their skills! Specialized drills will help you become better at shooting, ball-handling, passing, and defense. Our instructors will encourage you to demand the best of yourself, on and off the court. Between sessions, enjoy some of the best food available at any college anywhere, and shop till you drop at Johnson Creek Outlet Mall.
Instruction is not limited to basketball, with personal, camp and dorm sessions throughout the day, devoted to strengthening your walk with Christ. Our hope is that you will not only walk away with a better understanding of how to pick and roll, but that you would know the word of God that has the power to change lives.
ATTENTION: All adults (18 and over), including coaches/sponsors, who are involved in any supervisory role in the camps (helping coach/teach, driving vans etc.), or are staying overnight in the dorms, MUST complete the following. Anyone who completed this process in 2012 will not be required to do so again.
- Watch the Child Worker’s Video
- Read through the Abuse Prevention Policies
- Read and sign the Volunteer Training Form
Maranatha’s summer sports camps are designed to develop skills, emphasize character qualities, and encourage athleticism in young people. Camps are open to students entering 6th through 12th grade (entering college freshman allowed). We host two volleyball camps–one for individual players, one for entire teams. We also offer great camps for soccer, boys basketball, and girls basketball. Come learn from Maranatha’s experienced coaching staff as well as current and former Crusader athletes. You’ll make lots of new friends, enjoy fun activities, grow spiritually during Bible studies and group devotions, and enjoy competing against other athletes from around the country.
Points of emphasis
- Ball-handling fundamentals
- Individual skills
- Daily team competitions
- Defensive fundamentals (zone and person-to-person) and concepts
- Sportsmanship as a Christian athlete
- Friendly environment conducive to learning the game and growing spiritually
- Daily Bible challenges
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, June 17, 2013, from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Check-out: Lunch on Friday, June 21, 2013.
Campers: $180 on or before May 1 ($200 after May 1). Please note that this camp ends Friday.
Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
- Team Discount: ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff, and who are lower than 9th grade, receive a 50% discount
Camper of the week, 3-point shooting, hot-shot, free throws, knockout, dribbling.
Coach “Mo” has completed 19 seasons as Maranatha’s women’s basketball coach. His teams are perennial participants in the National Christian College Athletic Association national tournament, winning their first NCCAA title in 1999 and making four other appearances to the final four. His team was the 2010 and 2012 National Runner-Up, and are the reigning 2013 NCCAA II National Champions.
What to Bring
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
What not to Bring
- Air Conditioners
- MP3 players, Ipods, DVD or CD players, headphones
- Playing cards, fireworks, knives, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Bring warm-up pants.
- No tank-tops or low cut T-shirts. Please dress modestly.
- Anyone registering after the May 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.