Get ready for another fun volleyball camp at Maranatha! Individual camp is designed for individuals or teams and is divided into Junior High, Junior Varsity, and Varsity levels.
Instruction focuses on individual basic skills and techniques of volleyball and team concepts including offensive and defensive strategies. Coach DeLozier and her experienced staff of coaches, former college standouts, and current college players lead the skills training and team competition.
The campers are encouraged daily with biblical challenges by the camp staff. Be ready for training to pass, set, attack, serve, and block as you prepare for your next season of play.
ATTENTION: All adults (18 and over), including coaches/sponsors, who are involved in any supervisory role in the camps (helping coach/teach, driving vans etc.), or are staying overnight in the dorms, MUST complete the following. Anyone who completed this process in 2012 will not be required to do so again.
- Watch the Child Worker’s Video
- Read through the Abuse Prevention Policies
- Read and sign the Volunteer Training Form
Maranatha’s summer sports camps are designed to develop skills, emphasize character qualities, and encourage athleticism in young people. Camps are open to students entering 6th through 12th grade (entering college freshman allowed). We host two volleyball camps–one for individual players, one for entire teams. We also offer great camps for soccer, boys basketball, and girls basketball. Come learn from Maranatha’s experienced coaching staff as well as current and former Crusader athletes. You’ll make lots of new friends, enjoy fun activities, grow spiritually during Bible studies and group devotions, and enjoy competing against other athletes from around the country.
- Campers: $220 on or before June 1 ($245 after June 1.)
- Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, July 22 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the lobby of the main gymnasium.
- Check-out: Saturday, July 27 with lunch at 11:00 a.m.
- Team Discount: Ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff, and who are lower than 9th grade, receive a 50% discount
Regina DeLozier led Maranatha to the final four of the National Christian College Athletic Association national tournament in 2007, 2010 and 2011 and the National Championship game in 2012. She came to the Crusaders in 2007 after coaching back-to-back state championship teams at the high school level and has also led club teams to numerous league championships. Coach DeLozier has more than 15 years of coaching experience.
What to Bring
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Swimsuit (one-piece) and skirt
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
What not to Bring
- Air Conditioners
- MP3 players, Ipods, DVD or CD players, headphones
- Playing cards, fireworks, knives, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Please keep swimsuits modest. Two-piece swimsuits are generally unallowed due to their revealing nature. Please find swimsuits that have the T-shirt style top or something to cover the midsection.
- Bring knee-length shorts.
- Please do not bring tank tops or other low cut T-shirts.
- Anyone registering after July 1 is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.