If you want to be the best, learn from the best! Former U.S. National Team program coach Jeff Pill will teach you “Pill’s Drills,” activities to help develop your skills and sharpen your game instincts. Individual and team contests allow for a competitive atmosphere, so lace up your cleats and come join Pill on the field!
Instruction is not limited to soccer, with sessions throughout the day, devoted to strengthening your walk with Christ. Our hope is that you will not only walk away with a better understanding of how to attack or defend, but that you would know the word of God that has the power to change lives.
ATTENTION: All adults (18 and over), including coaches/sponsors, who are involved in any supervisory role in the camps (helping coach/teach, driving vans etc.), or are staying overnight in the dorms, MUST complete the following. Anyone who completed this process in 2012 will not be required to do so again.
- Watch the Child Worker’s Video
- Read through the Abuse Prevention Policies
- Read and sign the Volunteer Training Form
Maranatha’s summer sports camps are designed to develop skills, emphasize character qualities, and encourage athleticism in young people. Camps are open to students entering 6th through 12th grade (entering college freshman allowed). We host two volleyball camps–one for individual players, one for entire teams. We also offer great camps for soccer, boys basketball, and girls basketball. Come learn from Maranatha’s experienced coaching staff as well as current and former Crusader athletes. You’ll make lots of new friends, enjoy fun activities, grow spiritually during Bible studies and group devotions, and enjoy competing against other athletes from around the country.
Friday Night Housing Accommodations
**Those desiring to stay overnight Friday will be charged $20 and will be housed in the dormitories. We will not house campers beyond Saturday afternoon. If you need assistance finding off-campus housing, feel free to contact our welcome center at 920-206-2370.**
- Campers: $230 on or before June 1 ($255 after June 1.)
- Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, July 22, from 3-5 p.m. at the Welcome Center in the Dining Complex.
- Check-out: Friday, July 26, with lunch at 11:00 a.m..
- Team Discount: ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff, and who are lower than 9th grade, receive a 50% discount
Jeff Pill has spent the majority of his coaching career working with youth in the U.S. National Team’s soccer program. He also helped coach the 1996 U.S. women’s Olympic team. Other instructors will include current and former Maranatha team members as well as guest coaches.
Points of Emphasis
- Daily Bible challenges and spiritual growth
- Exposure to appropriate instruction that allows for optimum development opportunities
- Exposure to individualized training environments that allow players to claim responsibility for their own development and enhance progress after they leave camp
- Sound technical development
- Application of technique to tactical problem solving
- Group and team concepts on the field of play
- Self-motivation and group cohesion strategies
- Friendly environment that emphasizes fair play and enjoyment
- Exposure to the training environments and standards enjoyed by Maranatha students on a daily basis
What to Bring
- Sunscreen and water bottle
- Soccer ball
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Attire: Guys- Modest swimsuit. Girls- one-piece swimsuits
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
What not to Bring
- Air Conditioners
- MP3 players, Ipods, DVD or CD players, headphones
- Playing cards, fireworks, knives, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Please keep swimsuits modest. Two-piece swimsuits are generally unallowed due to their revealing nature. Please find swimsuits that have the T-shirt stlye tops or something to cover the midsection.
- Bring shorts that go below the knee.
- Please do not bring tank tops or other low cut T-shirts.
- No sleeveless T-shirts allowed.
- Bring swimming trunks that go below the knees.
- Athletic shorts must be knee-length.
- Anyone registering after the June 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.