Take your team to volleyball camp! Players will benefit from specialized training and team competitions, sharpening both their individual skills and on-court communication. Players from different skill levels, including advanced players, will all receive quality instruction. Maranatha Coach Regina DeLozier will be joined by outstanding current and former players.
Whether you have an experienced team or a roster full of newcomers, this camp will help those players take their skills to the next level. Your team can compete against others at the junior high, junior varsity, or varsity level. Maranatha’s camp offers group activities and other opportunities for team bonding that will really pay off next season. Individual athletes are also welcome to attend.
Instruction is not limited to volleyball, with sessions in the morning and evening devoted to strengthening your walk with Christ. Our hope is that you will not only walk away with a better understanding of how to spike or dig a ball, but that you would know the word of God that has the power to change lives.
ATTENTION: All adults (18 and over), including coaches/sponsors, who are involved in any supervisory role in the camps (helping coach/teach, driving vans etc.), or are staying overnight in the dorms, MUST complete the following. Anyone who completed this process in 2012 will not be required to do so again.
- Watch the Child Worker’s Video
- Read through the Abuse Prevention Policies
- Read and sign the Volunteer Training Form
Maranatha’s summer sports camps are designed to develop skills, emphasize character qualities, and encourage athleticism in young people. Camps are open to students entering 6th through 12th grade (entering college freshman allowed). We host two volleyball camps–one for individual players, one for entire teams. We also offer great camps for soccer, boys basketball, and girls basketball. Come learn from Maranatha’s experienced coaching staff as well as current and former Crusader athletes. You’ll make lots of new friends, enjoy fun activities, grow spiritually during Bible studies and group devotions, and enjoy competing against other athletes from around the country.
- Campers: $220 on or before June 1 ($245 after June 1.)
- Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, July 29, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the lobby of the main gymnasium.
- Check-out: Saturday, Aug. 3 after breakfast.
- Team Discount: ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff, and who are lower than 9th grade, receive a 50% discount
Regina DeLozier led Maranatha to the final four of the National Christian College Athletic Association national tournament in 2007, 2010 and 2011. She came to the Crusaders in 2007 after coaching back-to-back state championship teams at the high school level and has also led club teams to numerous league championships. Coach DeLozier has more than 15 years of coaching experience.
What to Bring
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Swimsuit (one-piece) and skirt
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
What not to Bring
- Air Conditioners
- MP3 players, Ipods, DVD or CD players, headphones
- Playing cards, fireworks, knives, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Please keep swimsuits modest. Two-piece swimsuits are generally unallowed due to their revealing nature. Please find swimsuits that have the T-shirt stlye top or something to cover the midsection.
- Bring knee-length shorts.
- Please do not bring tank tops or other low cut T-shirts.
- Anyone registering after July 1 is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes as well as campers.
- Coaches must register online along with campers.