If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
(I Timothy 3:1)
Is the Lord calling you to serve as a pastor, assistant, youth pastor, missionary, evangelist, or Bible teacher?
If so, consider the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies program that emphasizes biblical languages, biblical studies, and theological courses, while providing you with classroom opportunities to learn about practical pastoral issues. You’ll benefit from professors skilled in all aspects of ministry as well as the personal mentoring of experienced pastors as you serve in a local church.
The objectives of the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies are:
- To comprehend and articulate basic elements of biblical and systematic theology; to assess current trends in theology, biblical interpretation and culture; to compare those trends with biblical truth; and thus be able to correctly accept, reject or correct such trends
- To interpret, preach and teach God’s Word from a dispensational hermeneutic
- To develop a basic understanding of the biblical languages and apply that understanding to the preparation and delivery of sermons and lessons
- To have a basic understanding of church history and be able to evaluate past and current events in their historical contexts
- To demonstrate faithfulness to the Holy Spirit’s work through God’s Word in his or her personal life and ministry