All but three of these courses are offered online, although students may attend more campus classes if they desire. Three courses must be taken on the Maranatha campus in one-week modules. The remaining courses may be taken online.
- A minimum of 34 semester hours of approved credit must be completed for the Master of Arts in Church Music.
- The Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an approved institution must be held by the applicant.
- No more than 12 semester hours of graduate credit from another institution may be applied toward this degree.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better must be earned.
- A maximum of two C grades will be credited toward graduation.
|GOT541 Exposition of Psalms||3|
|GST520 Dispensationalism and Dispensational Hermeneutics||3|
|Elective Classes: Choose one of the following|
|GST611 ST 1 Bibliology, Theology Proper||2|
|GST612 ST 2 Christology and Pneumatology||3|
|GST613 ST 3 Anthropology, Hamartiology and Soteriology||3|
|GST614 ST 4 Eschatology, Angelology and Ecclesiology||3|
|GPA 615 Theology of Prayer and Worship||2|
|GCM 501 Basic Music Literature*||3|
|GCM 502 Introduction to Analysis*||3|
|GCM 510 Philosophy of Music||3|
|GCM 511 History of Sacred Music||3|
|GCM 512 Analysis||3|
|GCM 513 Music Resources and Literature||2|
|GCM 514 Childrens Ministries||2|
|GCM 520 Hymnology and Songleading||3|
|GCM 521 Choral Conducting 1 (3)||2|
|GCM 522 Choral Conducting 2 (4)||2|
|GCM 530 Applied Lessons||1|
|GCM 531 Applied Lesson||1|
|Total Hours Required:†- On Campus Modules*- May be waived through testing
(3) – GCM 520 is a prerequisite to this course.
(4) – GCM 521 is a prerequisite for this course.