Master of Divinity
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. (Prov. 9:9)
Are you called to full-time ministry? Do you want solid biblical and theological training for ministry, but want to be involved in full-time ministry as soon as possible?
Then consider the Master of Divinity program at Maranatha. The core of this traditional 96-hour program includes a solid foundation of biblical languages, church history, pastoral theology, biblical studies, and theological studies. Then, if you desire, specialize in one of the following areas:
- Biblical counseling
- Biblical languages
- Cross-Cultural studies
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Pastoral theology
Objective: This degree is designed to prepare men for ministry as pastors, evangelists, missionaries, and other church-centered ministries. It will also allow women to prepare for various biblically-limited areas of local church ministry.
Maranatha Baptist Seminary models, encourages and promotes the following learning objectives, which the typical student who graduates with a Master of Divinity should accomplish.
- To comprehend classic theology, as well as current trends in theology
- To understand church and Baptist history and place current events in their historical context
- To discern the relationship of current trends to biblical truth
- To develop exegetical skills in translating and interpreting the biblical languages and applying those exegetical skills to the preparation and delivery of sermons and lessons
- To interpret, preach and teach God’s Word from a dispensational perspective
- For those interested in further education, to develop the research and communication skills necessary to continued successful education