Need a Job? ~ Student Employment
General Employment Guidelines
- Dress for work must conform to college standards. Any exceptions must receive approval by a Dean.
- Acceptable ride situations for work must be approved before a student makes a commitment to an employer.
- Women students may not travel alone, out-of-town, late at night for employment without explicit permission.
- Women may walk to and from work only during daylight hours.
- Violations regarding employment may result in disciplinary action and the possible loss of employment.
- Students should give at least a two-week notice to employers prior to terminating a job.
- Students are not to socialize with other students while working.
- MBBC student employees are not to use offices as study locations.
- Dating is not allowed while on the job.
- Students may miss Sunday morning, Sunday evening, or mid-week services for work but must be in attendance at two of those three services a week.
- Students may not miss class due to a work conflict. If employment and class schedule conflict, students must make an adjustment in one or the other. One-time exceptions may be granted for emergency situations.
- When work necessitates absence from special meetings, permission must be secured from the Student Life Office prior to the event.
Unapproved Employment Situations
- Students may only work with food preparation, in kitchens, or in the delivery service of any restaurant that serves alcohol such as Pizza Hut, Steakfire, Settlers Bay, Hi-Way Harry’s, Perkins, or Applebee’s [SL 11/09].
- Students should not accept employment situations that would require them to travel to work with a member of the opposite sex unchaperoned.
- Students may not work in video outlets.