Movie/TV Policy – Theaters, Streaming, DVDs/Blu-ray, etc.
- No student, whether living off or on campus, may watch a movie in a movie theater at any time, including on the weekends or during Thanksgiving or spring break.
- No students, whether living on or off campus, may view or show R- or X- rated videos or television movies.
- Dorm students may not rent or check out movies from the public library or a video store.
- Dorm students may not watch movies, TV shows, or videos, in the residence halls without permission from their residence supervisor.
Games (Computer or Table)
- Games with an adult only (AO) rating are banned.
- Games with a mature (M) or teen (T) rating will be evaluated on an individual basis by the Deans or Dorm Supervisors. The following type of games will not be approved:
- Fantasy games involving the occult or Satanism (e.g. Magic: The Gathering).
- Games that glorify mutilation or that promote impure thoughts.
- Most games rated for everyone (E) will generally be approved unless they deal with gambling or playing cards, including computer versions of card games like solitaire.
Games dealing with gambling, associated with gambling, or have the appearance of gambling (1Thess. 5:22), and the exchange of personal property are not permitted.
Computer software that contains crude or vulgar language, drugs, gambling, gore, immorality, nudity, rock music background, satanic or occult overtones, sensual or suggestive content, swearing, or violence are not approved.
Also see Video Game Systems.
All movie clips, sports highlights, and video clips that are online or saved on your computer should meet Maranatha’s entertainment policies [SL 8/09].
You are expected to use godly judgment when choosing recreational literature; literature that is corrupt in language or content is not permitted.
|GQ (Gentleman's Quarterly)|
|Swimsuit editions of any magazines|