- Dorm Supervisors
- Resident Assistants
- Society Officers
- Student Body Officers
- Room Leaders
- GAs with at least one semester in residency at Maranatha (as an undergrad or grad student)
GAs may serve as a chaperone for mixed groups visiting in their home [SL 9/10].
GAs may serve as a chaperone in someone else’s home.
Other Students May Apply to be an Approved Chaperone [SL 8/12]
- Students who have served in Student Leadership position in the past.
- New GAs during their first semester at Maranatha.
- Married student who have been married at least one semester.
- Good disciplinary standing (less than 75 demerits in the present and previous semester).
- Good academic standing (your cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher).
- Have at least 27 credit hours in residency.
- Make a commitment to uphold College policies.
- Complete an Approved Chaperone Application in the Student Life Office.
- Be approved by the Dean of Students.
Responsibilities of Approved Chaperones
- Students who are approved by the Deans to serve as chaperones are responsible to uphold Maranatha’s dating standards and report infractions if they occur.
- Chaperones who do not report infractions may incur the same penalty as those that committed the infraction.
- Approved chaperones should check the pass chart for activities that require a chaperone.
- The chaperone must submit an Epass for a mixed group.
- An approved chaperone may be a part of a mixed group of 3 or more students.